Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sweet Zombie Jesus!


Is it fitting and appropriate or lame and cliche to award Best Thing Today! to a candy on Easter Sunday?

Eh.  You're not the judge here, I am!  And I say that Cold Stone Creamery Jelly Bellys deserve a spot on the Best Thing Today! wall of fame.  Seriously, have you tasted these things yet?  Don't get me wrong, I'm not too keen on the high price, but apparently the Homeland on NW Expressway has Jelly Bellys on sale until Wednesday for like half-price and the husband-to-be-someday-when-we-actually-pick-a-date-and-do-some-kind-of-planning picked some up for my Easter delight.

Of course, I have always been a big fan of the jelly bean.  But if you're craving Jelly Bellys specifically, trust me, don't go for the CVS brand knock off.  It's way cheaper for a reason.  The "Buttered Popcorn" flavor takes like wax and most of the others taste like puke.  Now is not the time to be a Scrooge.

Other Easter candies of note, receiving ten points each for merit and deliciousness:  SweetTart Jelly Beans, Cadbury Mini Eggs, and Reese's Eggs.  I'd give ten points to Ferrero Rocher Eggs, except all they do is stack up their candies in a little plastic egg and that's not terribly ingenious.  I could do that myself if I really wanted to.

I know I'm rattling at least one cage with this, but Cadbury Creme Eggs had better watch themselves.  If they didn't make David so deliriously happy I'd be taking so many points away that the good folks at Cadbury might have a collective massive coronary event.  What is in those things?  It's like pure sugar and mucus.  

Gross.      

P.S.  One more shout out to Matt Groening and the Futurama crew.

1 comment: